Saturday, May 01, 2010

A fraud a day

A comment on yesterday's piece in The Independent on the increase in voter registration:
For no reason my name was removed from the electoral register in a London labour area, to rectify this I visited the local council with all the necessary paperwork to re-register. The officer at the council showed me his computer screen to validate my details, what was then immediately noticeable that some moderate sized houses on my road had 40-50 registered voters registered to them which were at most able to accommodate 8 people.

I pointed this discrepancy out to the officer, and he shrugged his shoulders. Because of this and the various cases of voter fraud in the past few decades, I no longer have faith in the electoral system.
Like they say ... a fraud a day keeps democracy away. Can we shoot them now?

GENERAL ELECTION THREAD